Hello everybody,

I would like to remove Sony - Playstation 2, as it's a game console capable of playing DVDs and hence it can be considered a home cinema set (and many people use it that way), and home cinema sets are excluded from Gearogs. How do I remove it?

Cheers,

Arkhana

It also makes an excellent CD transport. Just sayin.

You bring up an interesting point.

Should we keep it in the DB because it has the ability to play CDs and DVDs?
or
Should we remove it because it's primary function is for gaming?

The same question could be asked of
https://www.gearogs.com/gear/27038-Sony-PlayStation-3

If it is left in the database, then this opens the door to Xbox and even other things like optical drives sold for use in computer towers and laptops.

We already have a string of iPods being added.

I think for now, we should leave it in, but be cautious and watch over time. The addition of items whose primary use is not audio replication could become extremely diverse.

Yes, I'm agree.
First function on PSP is gaming, no musical gear!
IPod core is music so I think should remain in DB.

Regards

Well, the guidelines say that Gearogs does not allow home cinema sets. The PlayStation 2 requires a TV as display for its CD player function, and for browsing to the CD player. Playing a CD without screen is theoretically possible but requires the listener to know the menus blindly, which is clearly not the way the PlayStation 2 interface is designed. Because the PlayStation 2 requires a TV screen, I suggest it falls under home cinema stuff. But hey, this is only my opinion, it was quite an honour to add the ps2 anyway :) . Maybe I should add the dictaphone app on my Psion 5MX pda as well ;)

I didn't say we had to remove it, I just said we should be careful. What I said is re-quoted below:

I think for now, we should leave it in, but be cautious and watch over time. The addition of items whose primary use is not audio replication could become extremely diverse.

hmmm, quote feature is no longer working

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.