Which one from the drop down corresponds to spring clip connection?

Amazon is just as helpful! http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=speaker+spring+clips

I sort of remember them being called push-in clamps but spring clip seems more widely used.

Unhelpfully its the only part not named on the service manual for my amp!

Hmm, would be good to figure this out, but I guess we can call them "Spring Terminal" for now?

There's so many names for this one is as good as another. They do have a spring in them, but they also grip or clamp the wire.

Spring Terminal is as good as any name.

is it possible that all terminals that interface to speaker wires or spade lugs are functionally identical?

I don't know but...

Spades the clamped by a nut I think as are terminal posts where you push the wire through the post and then clamp down with nut - those are identical as the same terminal can use a spade or bare wire.

The Spring terminal has no post. The spring is pulled back, opening the terminal and the wire is pushed into a hole and then the spring to pushed back to secure the wire. This type of connector is considered cheaper and less secure than a terminal post and tends to appear on lower end gear. So I'd say that it might be important to distinguish between a terminal post or a spade type and a spring clip.

Thanks folks, I have added "Spring Terminal" to the dropdown now!

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.