Is there any way to add multiple 'copies' of a piece of gear to our collection?

It would be extra helpful to be capable of leaving notes about each specific piece as well. For instance, I have six of these Victrola 45 units. Some are only used for parts.
I would like to make a note stating what is usable or what a specific machine needs for repairs.

Hi! There is no way to add multiple copies at this time. We'll keep this in mind for a future update. The same for the notes. Thanks!

+1 for notes and multiple copies

+1 too

and a marketplace?
is that a future option too?

and a marketplace?
is that a future option too?

Would that be useful for you?

+1 for multiples

an international market place would be nice

Also +1 for multiples. It feels like a good place to keep inventory of all stuff so it would be awesome to know how many of things I have.

Marketplace could be a useful function, especially if we have traders willing to 'part out' non-functional equipment.

Many times a collector gets attached to a specific piece of vintage gear and when something happens to it, replacement parts are non-existent so getting it repaired isn't always an option. This makes the loss extra devastating.

Would be nice to assemble a collection of everyone's available 'parts' equipment worldwide to locate that special part needed to restore their gear to it's former glory.

That could be the niche to set a Gearogs marketplace apart from the rest of the vintage gear sites out there.

Thanks for the feedback folks!

definitely yes for the market-place......that's one of the greatest things about discogs

search, find and buy...

i suppose it might become an issue with retail companies flooding the marketplace with new items though

might be worth charging $$ if anyone wants to sell a 'new' item

It would be nice if you could link your collection so others can view it... like how you can make your collection public on discogs

It would be nice if you could link your collection so others can view it... like how you can make your collection public on discogs

Thanks for the feedback! I agree, this would be good. We'll see what we can do!

It's not linked anywhere is the only issue with that :-)

Now it is. ;-)

Definitely in for a marketplace ,
although the user must be able to post pictures of the actual item
which is not available in Discogs ,
Fair , good , very good , near mint just ain't good enough
for a vintage item that costs some k's .

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.