nik and others:

There are three main versions/revisions of the Arp Odyssey, along with the new "Karp" version. How would all of these be notated?

Hi!

Good question. At the moment, if you have the model ID, and that is a distinguishing feature, than that would be helpful. The Notes field can also be used to explain the version. Of course, images help a lot. I would rely on some or all of those at the moment, and see if any problems come up. Does that help?

I guess the idea is to make a discogs for us gearheads. I guess a master release of the "old" ARP versions and a new Korg version of it's own.

The Oddy is a good example since not all goldfaces are the same inside etc.

BTW, I think the listing of the KARP feels weird. In my book this is a Korg ARP Odyssey, where "ARP Odyssey" should be the model name and Korg the manufacturer.

The original Odysseys are all ARP Odyssey where "Odyssey" is the model and "ARP" the manufacturer.

I guess a master release of the "old" ARP versions and a new Korg version of it's own.

If / when we get that functionality, yes, that would make sense I think.

I think the listing of the KARP feels weird. In my book this is a Korg ARP Odyssey, where "ARP Odyssey" should be the model name and Korg the manufacturer.

I agree it is weird, but that is due to the actual item being 'weird'. As far as I understand it, Korg have permission / right to release gear under the 'Arp' brand name. The model name I beleive is still 'Odyssey', and the brand still 'Arp', but the manufacturer is 'Korg'.

If you look at http://dms.dolphinmusic.co.uk/shop_image/uploads/Image/1-4_ARP%20ODYSSEY%20Rev3_rear.jpg

"Arp Instruments Inc., Lexington, Mass." is printed there as well! But also "Korg, inc. Made in China".

So it isn't in fact the 'Korg' brand at all, it is the 'Arp' brand, manufactured by 'Korg, inc.' :-)

Hah. The funny thing is, Bill Horn has al album with 'Odyssey' in the title http://www.discogs.com/Bill-Horn-American-Odyssey/release/5490314

My note on "master release" also applies to Yamaha CS-30/Yamaha CS-30L which is listed as one instrument now while still mentioning the sequencer not available in the CS-30L incarnation...

Login or Register to post a reply to this topic.