We’ve made some improvements to the submission form to make it quicker and easier for you to add your gear to the database. It’s just like the old one… but better.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Clearer format. Drop menus with images ensure that when you’re making a choice of something that already exists in the database, you’re selecting the right one. If you’re typing an identical credit, it will automatically be highlighted and can be tabbed through
- Any possible duplicates are flagged before they’re saved to the database, avoiding double work and overlap.
- Better preview of data from the right column
- Mandatory submission notes! Much requested, and very logical. Now if someone makes a change to something you’ve added to the database, you’ll know exactly what.
- Errors are highlighted in the form so they’re easier to identify and correct
- Drag and drop credits so you no longer have to click the same button 5x to get the bottom credit to the top
If prefer to stick with the old way of doing things, you can find a link to the previous version at the top of the submission form.
Thanks to our early testers whose feedback provided the basis for further tweaks. We hope you enjoy this new version of the form. Try it out and let us know what you think!
i like the changes
i think i should have entered more data into the indication field tho:
@meatsock: That should be fixed!
I hate it. I can't even enter "Sony", because the only company that shows up in the drop-down list is "SONY" (incorrect capitalization, and there's only ~3 items under that incorrect naming variant).
It will not let me simply enter "Sony". It just says "Name is required" unless I select one of the options from the drop-down menu. Incredibly annoying.
And switching back to the old upload form just wiped all my sub info. Thanks!